- Wear light clothing.
- Use well-fitted footwear.
- Do warm-up or stretch before exercise.
- Drink often during exercise.
- Have soft candy at hand.
- Talk to your doctor before doing intense exercise.
- Build up exercise.
The American Diabetes Association awarded him the Charles H. Best Medal for Distinguished Service when he was its president of the eastern region. Of course you know who Charles Best is. He was Dr. Banting's right hand man when they discovered insulin.
That is why, Dr. Banting was so pissed off when he received the Nobel Prize along with another and Charles Best was not even mentioned. What do you suppose good-natured Dr. Banting did? Well, he shared his award with Charles Best, what else.
Back to Dr. Rosen. He has done significant diabetes research. This has been published in primary journals such as Diabetes and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. He said that to make certain that one manages diabetes and stay fit and healthy, follow the exercise tips and consult with your doctor.
Want to know what are the benefits of exercise? Here they are:
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Lower A1C levels
- Improved HDL cholesterol
- More calories are burned.
- Strength and flexibility are increased.
- Improved quality of life
- Better insulin sensitivity
- Lower triglyceride levels
- Improvement in hypertension
- Cardiovascular system is better conditioned.
With all those benefits, who would not want to do some physical activity? Come on, let's get moving! But first, get a preexercise exam to make sure all is well. Then set a goal, plan how to achieve this goal and have fun with it.