Now that we have covered almost all aspects of dieting, what is one to do? How does one find the weight loss regimen that is best? When one is overweight, there is no time to wait for the results of all the trials to find the best one.
Just remember that the diet that will help in taking in less calories but at the same time maintaining optimum health is the one to keep. It does not matter whether it is low or high in this or that nutrient, if it keeps one healthy while losing weight, it is the ideal diet to keep.
Choose one that matches the need and personality. If it works, continue using it. If it doesn't work, don't consider it a failure. Learn from it and go on to the next one that will work. Don't lose time on what-might-have been for what is important is the diet that will be good for the long term.
When considering the diet to use, keep the following in mind and check to see if it meets these essentials of a healthy diet:
1. The healthy diet should consist of an assortment of foods that contain the protein, carbohydrate, fat, minerals and vitamins the body needs.
2. The healthy diet is one that consists of a balance of carbohydrate, protein and fat.
3. The healthy diet is one that is recommended by a proven and respected professional.
4. The healthy diet is one that is easy to follow whether one is home or on vacation.
5. The healthy diet should not exclude so-called bad foods and instead should center on proper portions.
6. The healthy diet should promote monitoring of both the eating and physical activity.
7. The healthy diet should also include a plan for an exercise program.
For the disclaimer and more information on diabetes, please go to this site:
Free Diabetes Alert