Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What to do after Learning You Have Diabetes

If you have just been diagnosed, there will be a lot of challenges facing you. First, try to learn as much as you can about diabetes. Read a lot about diabetes in medical journals and books so you can understand this disease better. Then determine what lifestyle changes you have to make to prevent diabetic complications. Since you have to deal with this condition on a daily basis, you almost have to be a medical expert to understand the ins and outs of the disease.
You have to to take special care of your body so you have to work harder, more diligently and intelligently and with more discipline than the ones who are not diabetic. Meet the challenges every day by moving more, watching the food you eat and paying close attention to your therapy be it insulin or oral medication.

My husband was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago which gave me the inspiration to study as much as I can about this condition. This led to this blogging and the website I started about eight months ago. I don't know if I will continue with that website if no one needs the information I put out, but I certainly can continue with this blogging. Just go to my website and check it out and give me your input. For the disclaimer and more information on diabetes, please go to this site:

Free Diabetes Alert

No comments: